The thoughts, feelings, and projects of an expanding solitary.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'm a terrible blogger

     I truly am very bad at this whole thing. Sometimes writing a blog sounds like a great idea and sometimes it seems like a waste of time. I go through cycles and I forget. I think what it is is that I have a desire to share, but also feel uncomfortable being exposed. And really, who am I exposed to anyway? It's not like anyone reads this shit. So really, the only point in doing it is to satisfy some kind of desire in me to put words out into the universe or something. I guess there's always the chance that someone could find what I post to be interesting, insightful, or helpful... if I followed through on it maybe. But for the most part is has kind of seemed like a public journal to me. And what is the point in that? It's not like it would be like a REAL journal. All the juicy details stay secret. So then if you're into the whole journaling thing you're really just writing two journals: one where you put what you really feel and think and one where you write what you want people to see that you feel and think. So either a blog is just like any other social media where you vent and portray a picture of yourself or you make it into something else.
    In the beginning I wanted to create a blog that helped people with personal projects while also showing off all the cool stuff I make and think about. So I started initially to write about philosophy and show off my sewing skills and teach others how to make a Battlestar Galactica uniform costume. I didn't do that. I made the costume and it's very cool, BTW. But I can't completely remember how I assembled it so I'm not much help there. But I suppose I could be for future projects I make.
   I've been thinking of a new format for blogging though. Something that shows all of my interests and thoughts in a way that might be more interesting to others as well. Basically mini blogs within a blog that are all different topics. So in each post there will be different sections that could vary from philosophy, science, professional, personal, etc. And if you don't give a hoot about my personal life, but like what I have to say about science, you can scroll right past it to the good part :)


TLDR: I suck at blogging, but I'm going to give it another go anyway. Stay tuned for new formatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment