The thoughts, feelings, and projects of an expanding solitary.

Monday, October 24, 2011

There's a Girl

There's a girl sitting a ways away from me at Starbucks. She is pencil sketching a picture of an African American woman in her notepad. She has been drawing for a quite sometime. I know this because her thigh has become gray with graphite dust. I envy her. I wish I still had time to sit at a coffee shop to people watch and draw. Instead I sit in a coffee shop and stare at lime green note cards covered in information about sensory receptors that I should really know by now. Sometimes I really miss my free time. It seems that even the free time I do have I partially spend worrying about what I'm not doing.
But this is my life now I suppose. Sometimes it's just hard to find joy and beauty in all the things that one has to do. I've found that changes of scenery can sometimes help. They can also be distracting though! All that being said, I did have a good night with some friends from school eating sushi! And you know what? I wasn't worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment